We all know that regular exercise can improve our lives. Daily exercise is associated with:
- Slowing muscle loss, strengthening bones, decreasing muscle/joint pain
- Improving mobility, balance, flexibility
- Reducing blood pressure, cholesterol, stress, and the risk of heart disease and/or diabetes
- Powering a lamp for three hours
Yes, you read that last one correctly.
Uncharted Play, Inc. has developed a portable generator that converts kinetic energy into electrical energy, via a size 5 soccer ball. The airless and waterproof SOCCKET-ball can then be plugged into its accompanying lamp to provide personal lighting for up to three hours.
What’s so great about it?
- Green energy (good for the environment)
- Inexpensive source of energy (good for your bank account)
- And, of course, Exercise (good for you)
So the next time you “kick the ball around”… think about all of the appliances you’ll be able to power when you get back inside!